Feed on
Posts
Comments

Character Sheet/Folio/Codex/Generator as well as Disposable Heroes, Bonus Tools, Campaign Records, DM Screen, Tokens, Dungeon Tiles, and the D&D Basic Stater Set! There's a lot squeezed into this episode and in a tiny little episode. Hope you enjoy.

Sponsors: RPG Now

Pick of the Episode: Bundled Adventures (like Keep on the Shadowfell, Trollhaunt Warrens, Scepter of Spellguard Tower, and Thunderspire Labyrinth)

and GM Dice

Other Links: Forums

Tome Website

Vorpal Network

The Tome Host's Twitter

The Vorpal Network's Twitter

Listen Now:

Share | Embed | Download | Plays (Loading)

• Dr. Confoundo

One thing about the D&DI Encounter Builder that you may have overlooked, or you might have looked at a previous version: once you’ve pulled up a list of monsters that might fit your encounter, all you need to do to access their statblock is to click on the little eye icon that appears next to the name… this opens a new window with the statblock info from the D&D Compendium.

Super useful, and because the Compendium has a lot of extra monsters from adventures, magazines, and books, you get a lot of bang for your buck.

Mar 2, 2009 at 6:09 pm
  • Jeff

That is actually extremely good to know. I should post that to the forums as well.

This episode was several months in the making, and so it is likely that the version of the bonus tool I was using was either old or I just didn’t notice that feature.

Thanks!

Mar 2, 2009 at 10:39 pm
  • Jeff Greiner

Okay, so I looked very closely. It took me a long time to find the icon you’re talking about. The reason I missed it is that it’s not at the end of the process, it’s in step two of the three step process. A fault in the program, to be sure, but a much smaller one than I stated in the episode.

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:16 pm
  • Dr. Confoundo

Glad to help. The addition of this little upgrade turned the Encounter Builder from somewhat useful into something absolutely awesome.

Mar 3, 2009 at 8:30 pm
  • Noctambulist

Based on your review I just purchased some Disposable Heroes sets and the plastic bases. What a great idea! I love these, and they are so easy to use. I only wish they had more of them. My only criticism is that I wish you could print out full custom pages. For example, if I needed 1 wizard and 6 rogues it makes me print out 6 wizards and 6 rogues. It would be nice to be able to define the number of tokens for each one selected instead of the page as a whole.

Great show, keep up the great work.

P.S. Looks like your forums got hacked :( Maybe it means you’re moving up in the world.

Mar 12, 2009 at 8:15 am
  • TheTome

Yeah, I often end up using the Disposable Heroes minis and printing a different page for each individual creature needed. It does lead to about a 50% waste of paper, which I hate because I use good cardstock, but also works okay because I use the extra scraps to make large, huge, etc. sized squares to make my big monsters/effects fill in the right amount of space on the grid.

I also heard from Precis Games after the episode came out and they said that they are already working on more creatures/monsters/etc and ones of different sizes. So that’s good news.

Lastly, yes. The whole Vorpal Network site has been hacked multiple times now and the timing sucks because our webmaster has had life get in the way and he’s had to quit. That said, we’re using it as a chance to improve the site. We’ll be offline for a few weeks and then we’re going to relaunch with an all new Vorpal Network site and forums. Hopefully I’ll see you there!

Mar 14, 2009 at 9:57 am